Friday 17 February 2012

KWT II

You may remember my disaster with grain-lines over Christmas and the wasted rib knit fabric that didn't make it into a long Burda cardigan.... but did make it to the bin! I salvaged a bit and had a bit left over - just enough for a more substantial kimono wrap top to suit this time of year.

I lengthened the sleeves all the way to wrist this time. As a bulkier knit than the first version tying the wraps in a knot also feels bulky, so I fastened the front with a decorative pin. Makes it into a dressier look too.

I've tried to brighten the pictures as much as possible so you can see the ribs in the charcoal knit and the lovely patterns they make when crossed over.

As this was the second time making the pattern, this wrap top was made in under 2 hours. I reckon if you are lucky enough to have a serger (overlocker) you could shave another 30-40 mins off.

You know, one of the best things about this pattern is you don't need to wear anything underneath because the wraps are so 'wrappy'.

It is mega secure too - no shifting about when you move either and no constantly pulling the wraps together at the front.

How many wraps tops can you say that about?










Thanks for reading. Ruth



2 comments:

  1. looks great - like the different way you secured it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the so wrappy wrap top. The front of my wrap shirt always bothered me and I ended up adding press stud try not to expose my tiny THINGS!
    It took you less two hours to make it? I think it will take me more time... I guess you have another two hands behind.

    ReplyDelete